Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Keep them brows on!

One of my biggest pet peeves in life (and this was developed about a year or 2 ago) is noticing how people groom their brows - and some just go a tad too far.

Pictures from Google Images


Eyebrows frame your eyes. They make the difference in how soft your features are or how defined. They make your expressions much more impactful when framed the right way. Finding the perfect brow is not as easy as it may appear, believe me.

I find it interesting, while strolling the malls, how some women like to make their brows a very prominent feature in contrast to their hair color and makeup. I have witnessed an elderly blonde lady sport black eyebrows - and I DID cringe. I marveled at the sight of another lady with completely drawn on brows where the color of the line was so flat that it looked fake.

Don't get me wrong. I'm sure these women have their reasons for framing their brows (or lack of) this way. My reactions were based on first impressions as a beauty enthusiast. I sincerely believe your brows are meant to look natural in accordance to the look you're trying pull off.

*They're not meant to look too dark nor too fake. Nor do I believe they were meant to look too thin.*

We weren't born looking like that.

This isn't a post to teach you how to shape, take care or groom your eye brows as I'm still in the process of learning. This is me, L, blogging my mind out about something that bothers me.

If you require a tutorial, there are thousands online (YouTube, blogs, etc.) to assist you.

Most women are well aware of the techniques they can use to prep and groom their brows to perfect presentation. But makeup can only aid you for so long. The perfect cure? Prevention in its early stages.

I implore the teenagers passing through self-conscious phase to seek an expert - perhaps at your local beauty saloon - to shape your brows first before trying it yourself. Don't rely too much on makeup to correct a mistake - it'll have to come off sooner or later.  Then you either love what you have or live with it.

But let me leave you with some friendly advice to keep in mind:

1. Your brows don't have to match your hair exactly nor does it need to be a completely different color.
2. Don't go pluck-crazy and erase your brows from existence. 

Don't neglect or abuse your eyebrows, girl / guy. Treat them right and they'll make you look right.
Alright?

-L

No comments:

Post a Comment