Thursday, October 17, 2013

Some pictures want words.


He sang to her a song of fire, she a song of ice. 
And every dragon she bore in heat, he slayed with shards of cold. 
Neither gave in. 
But fused together a melody. 
Now they freeze us with their flame. 


“I’ll suck your soul out.”
"I'll drag you down with me."
"I'll fly away."
A human approached.
A shutter snapped, froze the frame, glued the butterfly to the flower.
"Fly away then."


"Will Santa come with presents tonight, Mummy?"
"Only if you're a good boy and sleep early, darling."
Santa never made it in time.
And so we stopped believing.


The sight enraptures us to its beauty;
The greenery and molding of our Earth.
Yet beneath the bewitching image,
We overlook the essence of its birth.


And she gazed upon the distant heavens; the sparkling gems of the sky. 
Nothing obscured her sight. 
Nothing called for her attention. 
She was drawn into the abyss of this glittering spectacle; she fell into the wonder of our lives and our world. 
What a glorious fall it was.


How would the light touch my soul, if I cover my body?
How would the stars feel my skin, if I coat my flesh?
How would I be free, if I live like you.


Battle weary as the years fly by,
Facing the wither and wear of life alone.
Despite many warm lights shining upon you,
You, my warrior, have a heart of stone.


The cheerful laughter that filled its halls,
The happy family that dwelled within.
Now plants slither against its walls.
But those joyful echoes never dimmed.


There is little that can behold the wonders of Mother Nature than the human eye.
Moreover, there is little that can exaggerate that same wonder than the camera lens.


Photo credits: M
Text credits: M & L

A collaboration by M & L

2 comments:

  1. I like the first one :)
    Also hiiiii, 'tis Meli here ^^ If you remember me, anyway.

    ReplyDelete