Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Review: BYS 5 piece Horizontal eyeshadow pallets

One of the joys of visiting another country is hunting for the cosmetic treasures it may hold. I journeyed to Australia at the beginning of this year (2014) to visit friends and found myself bringing back more than memories. I brought back drugstore gems.

This is a mini review of the BYS 5 piece Horizontal eyeshadow pallets.

The BYS brand is much like the NYX of Australia. The variety in products, packaging and amazing affordable prices draws consumers in with the feeling of youth and fun. 'BYS' is said to stand for 'Be Yourself'.

I was very tempted to indulge myself in the products they offered. But alas, I could only bring back a few. A couple of which were the eyeshadow pallets.




As shown, I decided on trying out the bright neon and natural pallets. The tester at the store promised high pigmentation and a soft, almost creamy texture. These pallets come in a variety of other colors such a blues, purples, greens, pastels and even glitter shades. I own the Natural Delight and Neon pallets.

Natural Delight :
I was highly impressed and satisfied with this pallet. It has the basic brown/vanilla shades with a satin finish. I would use this for a natural day-to-day wear or spice it up to a smokey eye for night. The shadows have high pigmentation and the texture is smooth to the touch. This is a highly recommended basic pallet to those who adore natural colors.



Neon:
I had very high hopes for this pallet. The tester in the store was far more pigmented - the reason why I bought this one. However, once I swatched my new purchase, the shadows were much lighter and more chalky than the tester. I assume it may be a hit or miss with this particular pallet or that the surface pigmentation is not as high. Which means I might need to use it for a while before it produces the desired results. However, it works well over a white base to brighten the colors.


Nevertheless, at $5 AUD, this product is well worth the try. The packaging is sturdy and travel friendly. If I am blessed with the opportunity to visit Australia again, I might just help myself to the other pallets.

Here are a couple of basic looks created with both pallets.


I have always found eyeshadows to be the luxurious way to dress your eyes. Don't you agree?


-L 

No comments:

Post a Comment